Friday, June 30, 2017

Time Passages

Today is a new day!  As you can see, it has been awhile since I made a commitment to writing.  So much has happened, and it seems like it has been a very short time. As I look back over the last few years I can see where God has brought me to this point.  They say hindsight is 20/20...that is not far from the truth!  I remember talking with Ray one evening, the house was quiet, (which didn't happen much at the Ellis house), and wondering where our 20's went.



 That was in the eighties...we were out in the world living life, starting our family, kids were little, money, well what was that anyway...we had Love!  Maybe it was a good thing that we forgot much of that time!  So funny!  But really, it seemed to go in the blink of an eye, looking back...

Being real is what I am.  It was what our life is, and was and is to come.  Nothing I dislike more than leaving out the reality, because I really think that our imperfections helps us to connect to one another and help to encourage others who have walked a similar path, through our stories.  The Bible says,
In I Corinthians 10:13 The Message:

No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face.  All you need to remember is that God will never let you down;  He'll never let you be pushed past your limit; He'll always be there to help you come through it.




I believe the bible is our training manual.  In this verse it says that we go through the same things as other people.  Circumstances may be a bit different, But God...will not let you down.  Sometimes, I would think, "How much more can I take?"  He DOES give us more that WE can take, or at least He knows our limitations.  HE knows...He's there...He gives you options.  He also gave us this little thing called free will...As I have gone through my life I can think of countless times that I made mistakes, bad choices even when I knew better.



He has been there like a shepherd going after that lost sheep...there's been times that like a sheep, I've done things wrong more than once...and like a shepherd, He's had to break my legs so I couldn't run, so He'd have to carry me, so I would depend on Him and Him alone.  Not on myself.




The next few weeks, I want to show you...my scenic route on this journey of life on earth, for the benefit of those who read, to encourage, to understand, to help us all dig deeper and seek first...God!


No comments:

Post a Comment